- Center Development and Finance Committees formed
- Group Sitting in Makati Now Offered Every Thursday Evening
- Ways to Give Dana
- Makati Group Sitting Now Offered!
- Weekly Group Sittings Every Saturday and Sunday in Quezon City
- One Day Course - Come join us on Sunday, May 28, 2017
- Last Round of Survey for 1-Day Courses and Group Sittings
- Service Opportunities - Questionnaire Link Below
- New Vipassana Apple Mobile App
Center Development Committee
We are happy to announce the formation of the Center Development Committee whose members are currently working on the masterplan for the first permanent Vipassana center in the Philippines! This committee of old students visited Tiaong last May 6, 2017 and is committed to move things forward. If you would like to join and support this committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New team players: Old Students who are working on the masterplan
We are also pleased to announce the formation of the Finance Committee who will be managing and monitoring our finances as we gear up towards building the new center. If you would like to join and support this committee, email email@example.com.
Donation and Loan Information
The Volition Associated with Giving Dana
According to the tradition of pure Dhamma, courses are run solely on a donation basis. Having completed a Vipassana course, you naturally wish to share with others the benefits that you have received. Giving dana in this way builds one's qualities of selflessness and generosity and helps the center to continue offering courses.
People have different means, but even a small donation reflects your desire to help someone else to learn Dhamma. These donations from students are the only source of funding for Vipassana courses in this tradition. There is no wealthy foundation or individual sponsoring the center. Neither the teachers nor the trustees receive any payment for their service. Thus, the spread of Dhamma is carried out with purity of purpose, free from any commercialism.
Therefore, whether your donation be large or small, let it be with the pure volition: "Because someone else has donated, I have been able to learn Dhamma to purify my mind. I would like others to continue to have the same opportunity. Therefore, let me give something for the benefit of others, according to my means."
Ways to Give Dana to Vipassana Philippines:
As there are no 10-day courses being offered right now, all your dana will be used for center development.
You can donate directly from your BPI or BPI Family Savings bank account by setting up a transfer using online banking, mobile banking or in a branch. This can be done as a one-off donation or set up as a regular donation (e.g. monthly). Online fund transfer and mobile fund transfers using BPI Online or BPI mobile app are fee-free and can be received in real time.
Take note: BPI and BPI Family Savings Bank are two different banks. Donations via branch should be done in BPI Family Savings Bank branch ONLY.
Peso Bank Account
Bank: BPI Family Savings Bank
Account Name: S.N. Goenka Vipassana Philippines, Inc.
Account Number: 6861002975
Swift Code: BOPIPHMM
You can make a secure donation from anywhere around the globe using your Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover credit card via PayPal. Click the button below to donate via Paypal now:
Interest-free or low-interest loans can be made to Dhamma Phala. These loans will be used to develop the first permanent Vipassana center in the Philippines! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options, terms and conditions.
As an old student you may wish to include the centre in your will in order to further the spread of Dhamma. Please remember, however, that your enthusiasm to give in this manner should also be tempered by the understanding that this tradition wants you to give highest priority to the welfare and harmony of your family. Such a charitable bequest should only be made after much careful consideration. Contact the email@example.com for more information.
Cash or Check
Attend the weekly group sittings and monthly 1-day courses and give dana in cash or check. Official receipt can be given to you right away!
Makati Group Sitting Now Offered
Do you live and work around Makati? Are you feeling stressed out at work? Here’s what a previous course participant in the US said about the 1-day course:
“Dealing effectively with stress is one of the greatest challenges that executives are facing today. Also important is the ability to take fearless action and to act proactively. Vipassana is a unique technique that addresses these issues very effectively.” —Deepak Advani, Vice President, IBM
Come and join us!
- Where: 5th Floor, 5782 Felipe Street, Poblacion, Makati
Click link for map - https://goo.gl/maps/8vH77bZvgnq
- When: Every Thursday, 7-8PM
- Please call or text Estelle (+63 915 257 3327) and Dennis (+63 929 121 0155) to confirm and get private vehicle and public transport directions.
Other Weekly Group Sittings
Sitting with other Vipassana meditators in this tradition for one hour once a week is highly recommended in order to help strengthen your practice. Please come and join us!
- Where: Scott Residence, #26 Nova Scotia Street, Loyola Grand Villas, Loyola Heights, Q.C.
- When: Every Saturday, 5-6PM and 6:15-7:30PM & Every Sunday, 4-5 PM (except on the 4th Sunday of the month to give way to the 1-Day course)
- Contact numbers: +63 956 510 8576 (Globe, What’sApp & Viber) and +63 949 671 9718 (Smart). Please call or text to confirm and get private vehicle and public transport directions.
Vipassana Philippines is offering 1-Day courses to help you continue to practice and to share updates regarding center development. Please join us every 4th Sunday of the month from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Full-time or part-time sitters are welcome!
1-Day Course Dates @ Scott residence in Quezon City
- May 28
- June 25
- July 23
Save these dates on your calendar! After each 1-Day course, there will be an old student meeting to discuss center development updates. Meeting starts at 4:15pm.
Apply online to sit: https://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schphala
If you can offer a ride or are in need of a ride to attend the 1-Day course, please follow the instructions in your Acceptance email (RideShare Board section). Please offer a ride if you will have extra space in your vehicle. Sometimes people can't attend simply because they lack transportation.
Dhamma Service Skills and Interests Questionnaire
Please let us know how you would like to serve by taking this questionnaire:
Group Sitting Survey
We would love to hear from those who have not yet responded regarding your preferences when it comes to our 1-Day Courses and weekly Group Sittings. Please take the time to answer this survey as this will help us optimize group sitting schedules and locations.
Key Support Needed
Key roles needed:
- Plumber - responsible for designing pipework, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in the new center
- Construction Project Manager - help manage the overall design and construction of the center.
- Construction Support - electrician, plumbing, architectural, foundations, etc. to help in design reviews.
- Property Manager - supervise caretaker, keep track of property produce sales, ensure payments made for caretaker, electricity, etc.
- Kitchen Committee Chairperson - estimate costs for building out the kitchen, setting up training documents, menu and more.
If you are interested in helping with one of these roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vipassana Philippines is in the International Newsletter!
Visit:http://news.dhamma.org/(online version) or http://news.dhamma.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-44-1-VNL-en-US.pdf (pdf format)
Article: Issue Vol 44 - 2017 No.1 - March
Watch out for Upcoming Announcements
- Results of Surveys and Applied Changes to Group Sitting Schedule
- Finance Status update
- Master Plan for Center Development
- Funding needs
Vipassana Meditation Mobile App
The official Dhamma.org Vipassana meditation app is now available on the Apple AppStore.
Features of this App:
- One hour group sitting recordings in 25+ different languages.
- Apply and register to attend a Vipassana Meditation course.
- Old Student reference materials to guide your practice, including the 10-day discourse summaries.
- And much more!
We hope that the Dhamma.org Mobile App is beneficial in your individual practice. We request your help in making students and others aware of the App and also making this announcement available to other old students.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to discussing with you and seeing you in one of our monthly 1-Day courses or weekly group sittings.
S.N. Goenka Vipassana Philippines Trust
Mailing Address: #26 Nova Scotia Street, Loyola Grand Villas, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Cellphone: +63 956 510 8576 (Globe, What’sApp & Viber)
+63 949 671 9718 (Smart)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VipassanaPhilippines/
Note: You are receiving this email because you are a resident of the Philippines and/or you have sat a course in the Philippines.