Vipassana Philippines Needs Help! How to be of Service
You are receiving this email because you are a resident of the Philippines and/or you have sat a course in the Philippines.
- Dhamma Service Skills and Interest Questionnaire Form
- Service Opportunities
- One Day Courses and Group Sittings Dates and Times Survey
- One Day Course - Come join us on Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Weekly Group Sittings on Saturday and Sundays
- Dhamma Phala Center Development
- Vipassana Philippines article is in the Vipassana International Newsletter
Dhamma Service Skills and Interests Questionnaire Form
We are seeking to understand what skills and services you can offer (i.e. auto mechanic, webdesign, construction, etc.) to help build and operate Dhamma Phala. Kindly take the 1-2 minute questionnaire.
Key Support Needed Now
Our goal is to resume 10-day courses before the end of 2017! In order to do this, we plan to dismantle, transfer and re-build the temporary structures in Dasmarinas to Tiaong. As part of this effort, we need to complete the first phase of center design and construction, which includes setting up of center utilities (i.e. water, electricity, waste systems, etc) and building the foundations for the temporary structures. We need people who are willing to help manage the design, estimate costs, and raise the necessary dana for our first phase of development.
Key roles needed now to meet our goal:
- Construction Project Manager - help manage the overall design and construction of the center.
- Architect and/or Design Team - help create the master plan and future center design.
- Treasurer and/or Finance Manager - keep track of income and expenses, build forecasting documents, set up accounts, and work with accountant.
- Construction Support - electrician, plumbing, architectural, foundations, etc. to help in design reviews.
- Property Manager - supervise caretaker, keep track of property produce sales, ensure payments made for caretaker, electricity, etc.
- Kitchen Committee Chair / Manager - estimate costs for building out the kitchen, setting up training documents, and more.
If you are interested in helping with one of these roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1-Day Courses and Group Sitting Date and Times Survey
We would love to hear from you regarding your preferences when it comes to our 1-
Day Courses and weekly Group Sittings. Please take the time to answer this survey.
Vipassana Philippines is pleased to offer monthly 1-Day Courses to help us continue to practice and to share updates regarding center development. Please come to the 1-Day course to sit and get more involved as we develop our new center in Tiaong, Quezon!
One Day Course Dates
- March 26 at Scott Residence, Quezon City; join the Old Students’ meeting after course!
- April 23 at Scott Residence, Quezon City join the Old Students’ meeting after the course!
Please apply online to sit the 1-Day Course at: https://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schphala
Weekly Group Sittings
Group sittings are valuable opportunities to strengthen one’s own practice of Vipassana. By sitting with fellow students who are practicing the same technique one can meditate more seriously and gain support that will help to keep the practice at home going. Please come and join us!
Where: Scott Residence, #26 Nova Scotia Street, Loyola Grand Villas, Loyola Heights, QC.
When: Every Saturday, 5-6PM and 6:15-7:30PM & Every Sunday, 4-5 PM (except on the 4th Sunday of the month to give way to the 1-Day course)
Contact number: +63 918 928 3760 (Please call or text to confirm and get private vehicle and public transport directions.)
Dhamma Phala Center Development
A group of old students visited the site in Tiaong last month with a team of volunteer architect and designers from St. Benilde College of De La Salle University.
Students Vision of the Center (Proposal design as part of students’ project)
Vipassana Philippines is in the International Newsletter!
Visit: http://news.dhamma.org/ (online version) or http://news.dhamma.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-44-1-VNL-en-US.pdf (pdf format)
Article: Issue Vol 44 - 2017 No.1 - March
Watch out for Upcoming Announcements
- Funding Needs for Design and Construction of the Center
- Ways old students can support via Donations and Old Student Loans